Best Healthcare Link-Building Strategies
Here are some of the best link-building strategies that healthcare companies can take:
- Statistics pages - Make an article with a list of statistics on a certain topic that's relevant to your business and has search traffic potential. The result is journalists/people with blogs will find your content in Google and link to it on their own. Your website will see huge increases in traffic and rankings once your statistics page ranks. Check out a statistics page I made for one of my clients by searching "average attention span" in Google. It has over 300 referring domains and has helped CrossRiverTherapy rank #1 for incredibly competitive keywords which bring them leads, more applicants, and brand awareness!
- Extensive guest blogging - This can involve reaching out to different healthcare blogs, where an offer is given to writing a blog post for a link exchange.
- Help A Reporter Out (HARO) - This is a platform in which journalists ask questions, looking for an expert to contribute an answer to their article. If your response is chosen, you'll get featured in their article and your website will get a high-authority backlink! HARO link building is a great way to get backlinks that'll actually increase your organic traffic and rankings.
- Building broken links - This is done when broken links are found on different healthcare websites and an offer is made to exchange the broken link that's on a website. Broken links aren't usable. In some cases, it's due to a domain change or an invalid certificate. Healthcare websites, like all with blogs on them, can rank better when links are valid and up to date. By trading them with links that do work, they're ensuring the website is properly maintained. Visitors to medical websites often go in-depth on footnotes and hyperlinks they find to ensure what they're reading is backed up by others in the medical industry.
- Viral content creation - When this is done, many websites, including those run by news media organizations, may link to it, gaining many visitors, specifically when some relative topics are trending.
- Creation of infographics - Infographic creation can be done through various forms of digital media. However, the most common are photo and video infographics. Photo infographics add a layer of customization to the site as readers scroll down on them. They typically consist of information presented with text and digital artwork. The same is done for video infographics but may feature narration and relative info that's laid over animation. Graphics designers often work on infographics for clients.
- Authentic testimonials - For testimonials healthcare companies should encourage their clients and patients to leave feedback through statements and detailed reviews on popular search engines, review sites, and other locations on the web that focus on issues related to their field in the industry. Many potential customers thoroughly read through the reviews and testimonials of people, where their decision to use a company's services is tied to what's said about them in a review.
- Events that are sponsored - This occurs when a healthcare company takes part in or sponsors various healthcare events and incorporates links to their site within the materials distributed.
- Partnerships in the industry - Partnerships with different healthcare organizations can quickly build a clientele and should feature links to the websites of all acquaintances involved.
Building links is a process of creating those which are related to the website of a business. The aim is to push traffic and human visitors to a website, which in turn helps them rank better in local searches.The majority of healthcare businesses don't require lots of localized links to rank well in local searches.
The SERP overview for local queries can be checked for keywords. Most of the time, there will be fewer than 150 referring domains that rank on the first page. Keyword Explorer can be used for businesses to see the competition among the keywords that people are targeting. The SERP overview shows the number of links found on top-ranking pages.
Read More: Best Healthcare SEO Companies
How To Build High-Quality Backlinks To Your Healthcare Company's Website
Just the same as any link building, local links need much research, lots of work, creativity, and plenty of perseverance. The following are nine local link-building tactics that can be used for others to begin:
- Acquiring links from other sites that rank well
- Getting links from close competitors
- Taking backlinks that were previously lost
- Building content that's relevant to a local area
- Getting strictly local citations
- Going further into alternative local links
- Being sure to claim any unlinked mentions
- Acquisition of companies and their websites
- Using internal links
Best Healthcare Link Building Strategies & Tactics
1. Acquiring links from other sites
This link building tactic deals with seeking out relevant terms on search engines like Google to get links from websites that appear in the results. Looking for directory and aggregator sites might also pick up links.
When web browsers seek out companies, they usually go to such websites. Getting listed on them is possible by signing up and adding a company. It helps to ensure that one is being considered and boosts the value of the business.
2. Getting links from competitors
When looking at the link overlap on the sites of competitors, one can find link opportunities that are relevant to local topics for their business.
Such information can be checked with sites such as Link Intersect. Adding a site and the competitors in the tool brings up a list of sites that link up to their competitors, except the company viewing it.Using this method, one could find numerous links that cater to a specific niche, along with many directories.
Some of them are called local citations and have data from businesses like addresses, names, and phone numbers.
3. Taking backlinks that were lost
As websites frequently change over time, links may eventually go to a page that is no longer maintained. Through redirecting the old page versions that no longer exist, lost links can be recovered, thus restoring the value they once had.
4. Building content relevant to the locality
Content creation is needed for sustained relevancy. It's the process of looking for topics that are a magnet for target audiences and requires good planning, publishing, and creating content-specific topics. For content that's local, it should stay focused on what a business offers and what's useful for an audience.
5. Getting local citations
Numerous citation services are available for businesses. However, aside from websites that are ranking in a specific market, some might be country-based.
They may receive data from different sites and should be considered pertinent citations.6. Taking other local links furtherSuch should focus on websites that are in the area of a healthcare company's business. Numerous opportunities can be found, some of them are as follows:
- Directories for sites that are geared toward certain cities
- Universities and colleges
- Locally-sourced podcasts, magazines, and local news sites
- Sites with a focus on community activities, subreddits, Facebook groups, and public forums
Relationships that already exist can be leveraged, such as testimonials made by affiliates and other suppliers. Networks like churches, business partnerships, and people should be considered.
7. Claiming unlinked mentions
Brand mentions that are unlinked deal with websites speaking about a company or the people that work at the company yet don't have a link to the site that's mentioned. Sites that get the best out of this are those with a niche getting news coverage that engages people belonging to it.
8. Acquiring companies and websites
This action is also called merger and acquisition. It's quite rare but takes place most often locally. On some occasions, one can find a business trying to sell a website that's still in existence, or one intentionally letting a domain go under.
9. Using internal links
Internal links are an important aspect of link building and help visitors navigate pages more easily, while also encouraging other companies to find links relative to what they wish to use as a source.
Why Should Healthcare Companies Invest In Link Building?
Link build plays a pivotal part in SEO, including for websites with a focus on healthcare.One huge benefit that comes with link building is an increase in visibility. It assists others in viewing the site of a healthcare business' presence on the web, thus helping with its running on search engines.
Through consistent links of high-quality links to specific sites, places like Google and Bing view it as a valued place for their viewers to obtain useful info.
It also increases referral traffic. Building links can create a movement to and from a healthcare business site. Such links from trusted sites allow potential clients and patients to find out more about what a company offers, ending in high traffic levels and more likely customers.
A rise in credibility will follow. Through getting quality links from sites that people trust, healthcare companies can reinforce their credibility with multiple search engines and social media sites, therefore reaching crucial patients and clients.
Combined with the other results creates a better overall user experience for potential patients, current patients, and others affiliated with a business. It gives good information and plenty of resources to everyone that goes to the site, whether intentionally or through surfing for relevant keywords.
By containing links to sites that people trust, all visitors can access more details about things they seek to know, ending in an experience with high value.The long-term benefits are also important. Link building is inherently a long-term strategy, one that gives benefits that are sustainable to people in the healthcare industry.
The opposite of advertising that's paid for, links can stay in their place permanently and keep providing benefits to the company and patients many years down the road.
It's a highly valuable investment for all healthcare companies that work from the web. By zeroing in on a superior link from respectable sites, health-related sites can lay the foundation as an official source for knowledge, guidance, and advice.
Benefits Of Link Building For SEO In The Healthcare Industry
With link building, numerous benefits can help any healthcare organization or website grow.Better search engine rankings are the most obvious.
Good, high-quality links coming from web locations with a reputation for giving substantive info and data to visitors can quickly raise the traffic and number of people that link to it. As a result, search engines will come to rank in a higher position on their search results. This is also done through keyword creation. Nevertheless, the higher search results rank any site, the higher rankings they'll receive.
All sites, healthcare, and others seek out an increased level of visibility from the people they wish to interact with. With good, persistent rankings on search engine results, greater traffic from referrals follows.
Link building from sources that are closely related to the healthcare industry helps get lots of referrals as well. For this reason, some healthcare sites may rely on links shown on their blogs that are local or based on recent news headlines.
Some of the editors on a new website might even link to healthcare sites through hyperlinks or footnotes listed near the bottom portion of a relevant article.
User experience can also drive people to bookmark and suggest the site to others on blog posts, subreddits, web forums, and public Facebook groups.
Lots of quality resources on a healthcare site are needed for this to work best, where the experience is often determined by the relevancy and quality of sources, though certainly not limited to this only.
The user interface can keep people on or off a site.Visitors are allowed to recognize a brand from the quality of the content it delivers. Sites of an authoritative nature can help with this, given that visitors need informative information on most healthcare-related topics.
Trust is needed before traffic begins to send links to websites to others.For healthcare sites seeking more benefits in the long term, marketing might be of help.
Advertising is a permanent feature, where banners, links, and promotions are featured on the video of bloggers, content creators, and others with an online presence that's related to the medical content provided by the site. Advertising hasn't limited to the accounts of other people that are active online.
For instance, some websites actively seek out advertisers where the niche is located. Social media groups and niche-specific forums are great for this purpose.
Some healthcare industries have such an incredible visitor count from advertising that a considerable portion of their company's budget might be spent running ads on various sources in the healthcare world.Link building doesn't produce results overnight, however.
Unpredictability should be expected, particularly when it comes to web traffic pinking up from the links created. But through patience and refinement of the links that are showcased, a better presence online is a guaranteed outcome.